Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bixby Bowling


Dear Em,
Can I tell you a secret? I don't really like bowling. I know, it's kinda weird since we went at least a few times this year. Growing up, I just didn't really see the point. Or maybe it's just that I've never been very good. And then you came along, & well, you put fun in anything (& then there are cranky times when you take the fun right out of things, but mostly you put the fun in).

While we were out in North Carolina, your aunt Jennie & uncle Nick treated all of the siblings to bowling. I thought, "what the heck, I'll do it to spend time as a family." Typically when we come to visit, everyone else still has work & school. There are eight of us (including spouses & you), & schedules can be hard to work around. Typically, we try to have special moments with who we can, when we can.

It would have been nice to have Nonnie & Papi there too, but being just the kids was kind of nice. Being able to spend time together, the eight of us, made my heart so happy...even if it was bowling.

But you know what? It was a blast.

You woke up a little cranky from your nap, but were thrilled once you found a pink ball.


The boys were pretty amazing in action.




Of course, you & I had pretty amazing form too.


One of the most precious moments was when you helped Aunt Jennie bowl. The excitement on your face when the ball knocked over some pins made my whole night.


I may have slowed down the bowling game...err match...I'm not sure what you call it...by stopping everyone to take pictures. I'm lucky no one murdered me with my camera strap & I was able to catch shots of all of us like this.


You know how it doesn't matter what you're doing when you're with the right kind of people? I think our bowling fun was kind of like that. Or maybe it was that I actually broke 100 (which never happens) & beat your uncle Greg. Ok, it's probably a combination of both.

I love you so,
Mommy





No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...