Friday, March 2, 2012

love letters


Dear Em,
Today is a special day, Daddy's birthday. I can't tell you how blessed we are to have this man in our lives. He keeps me grounded, he keeps me laughing. He's my partner in all the beauty & all the craziness that is life.

For as long as I can remember, this has been his favorite song...

"See you and me
Have a better time than most can dream
Have it better than the best
So we can pull on through
Whatever tears at us
Whatever holds us down
And if nothing can be done
We'll make the best of what's around

Turns out not where but who you're with
That really matters..."
"Best of What's Around" by Dave Matthews Band

It's so true. This is the tenth birthday I've celebrated with your Daddy. When I think about it, it totally blows my mind how much has happened in ten years. We've really grown up together. I can't say that everyday has been sunshine & rainbows, but even the most awful days have been a blessing because I've had your Daddy to share them with. He's kind & tender. He's so fun & so funny. He's hardworking but adventurous. He's the sweetest & most amazing Daddy I know. I can't imagine us going through life with anyone else.

Today not only marks Daddy's birthday but another milestone, the first time you were able to sing "Happy Birthday" to one of us. This morning Daddy & I woke up, talking & giggling. I went & got you out of your crib & brought you into bed with us. You sang the sweetest rendition of "Happy Birthday" & then said "yay" when you were finished. Then you tackled Daddy with hugs & kisses. I can't imagine a better birthday present.

Tonight we're going to have a quiet but fun celebration with movies & hide-&-seek & baking (Daddy's birthday party is tomorrow), & I can't wait. I really do "have a better time than most can dream", as long as I have you & Daddy to celebrate life with.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...