Friday, March 16, 2012

love letters

Dear Em,
This month, you're exploring Dr. Seuss at school (every month you have a theme, last month was donuts). Today is Green Eggs and Ham Day, & your class is all supposed to wear green in honor of Green Eggs and Ham (It's also St. Patrick's Day tomorrow. Can I tell you how stinkin' cute you are when you say, "Hey! I is Irish!" Seriously, I love you so).


While Green Eggs and Ham goes along with the upcoming holiday. It also goes along with your take on food. I can't tell you how many battles we've had over you just tasting food- food that once you taste, you really like. You remind me so much of the character in the book who refuses to try green eggs & ham. I feel like Daddy & I have started to sound a lot like Sam I Am.

"You do not like them.
So you say.
Try them! Try them!
And you may."
- from Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss

Is it strange that I am comparing our family to a Dr. Seuss book? I guess that's why I love this book so much. I seriously, giggle a little thinking of Daddy & I trying to get you to eat your food on a bus or a train or a tree or a boat.

We've finally settled on, you need to try your food. If you don't like it, you don't have to eat it, but you do have to try it. If you won't try your food, we don't make a big deal, but we also don't give you other options to eat. Little by little you're getting better & better. I think we've all been surprised by some of the foods you've tried & liked. At least the list of things you will eat is finally growing.

So, happy Green Eggs & Ham Day & happy St. Patrick's Day. Tomorrow you are having a special sleepover with Grandma & Papa while Daddy & I check out the Newport festivities with friends.


Of course, not before giving you lots of kisses because you're Irish.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...