Tuesday, March 6, 2012

coming out from under a rock

Dear Em,
I feel like I've been living underneath a rock. There is technology swirling all around me, but somehow I missed something I feel like everyone else already knows about. Seriously, how did I not know about Restaurant.com?

Well, I knew of it. At least I had heard of it, but I thought it was just a site where you could look up restaurant reviews. Since most of the reviews we care about are word of mouth, we never thought much about checking out a restaurant review site. Then a friend told me the other day that Restaurant.com is a place where you can buy $25 gift certificates for as little as $2. How did I not know about this?!

We've been limiting how often we go out to save money. Paying a mortgage & paying for your school doesn't leave a lot of extra cash lying around. You know what it means if we can get $25 gift certificates for $2? Daddy & I can go out for date nights again (I think there are additional stipulations, but it's still a good deal)! It'll also be a nice fallback for those nights when we can't even begin to think about cooking a meal at the end of a long day.

I looked at the selection of restaurants in Rhode Island & was surprised to see how many there were to choose from. Many restaurants we love, some restaurants I have never heard of, & one restaurant we already have plans to go to with friends. I'm excited about trying out some new places for a good deal.

I just had to share incase there are other people out there who were sitting under a rock right a long with me.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...