Monday, November 5, 2012

Julie Fries

Dear Em,
Back when I was in grad school, your daddy & I went to a RedSox game at Camden Yards. Before the game we stopped at ESPN Zone for lunch. I can't remember what we got as entrees, but I'll never forget our appetizer. They were yummy & gooey & bacony cheese fries. I'm pretty sure they didn't contain any nutritional value, but they were amazing & I didn't care.

As soon as we got home, I tried to recreate the large plate of unhealthiness. It wasn't exactly the same, but it was pretty close. I made them for my staff as a staff-meeting snack, & they started to call them Julie fries.

Maybe it was because we started to make healthier options after grad school, maybe we just started to make other munchie things, but years passed & we totally forgot about Julie fries...Until a few weekends ago.

I bought the ingredients, & baked them up. They are just as gooey & yummy & unhealthy as ever. Definately not something I'll be making every week (we'd all die of heart attacks), but I think this is going to be a good get-together snack again.

It doesn't look the most appetizing. In fact, you took one look & said no thank you. I'll share the recipe anyway. Maybe someday you'll learn to appreciate Julie Fries...then again, maybe it's better for your health if you don't.


Julie Fries

Ingredients
Bag of Seasoned Curly Fries
15 oz. Jar of Salsa Con Queso Sauce (we like Tostidos)
Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend
Bacon Bits

Preheat oven to 450. Bake fries on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Cover the bottom of a round cake pan with a thin layer of Salsa Con Queso sauce. Pile cooked fries on top. Generously sprinkle with bacon bits & shredded cheese. Pour more Salsa Con Queso sauce on top (you'll use about half of the jar). Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is hot & melted.

The best way to eat the fries is with a fork! Enjoy!

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...