Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Birthday Party for Little Loves: Luau Party Invites

Dear Em,
This is a four part Series covering your Luau Birthday Party. You can also read about the Luau Party LocationLuau Party Decorations & Favors, & Luau Party Food

So, this post is going to be a little lame...mostly because I can't find your leftover birthday party invites. I'm kinda bummed. I've saved all of your invites/announcements since you were born. Sigh, oh well.

I knew we were throwing you a luau party. I had picked up a bunch of stuff for the party the year before when I was shopping for your garden party (more on that later). I was thinking an invite with some cute hula dancers would be perfect. Maybe a flower or two. I had actually hoped to have one of my friends make some fun artwork that I could scan & print out on all of the invites. You know, something cute...something fun. Unfortunately the night before I needed the invites, I still hadn't asked my friend if she would mind making something for us (I was a little overwhelmed & was lucky if I put on clothes that matched that day). Whoops (clearly I won't be winning mother of the year anytime soon).

So, there I was sitting in our office after tucking you into bed (I learned that lesson after making your garden invites last year) trying to figure out what to do. I googled luau and hula dancers in an attempt to steal some artwork from the internet (I know, I'm wicked lame). You know what? Most of the pictures listed on google were sexy hula dancing pictures. Not really the theme I had planned for a 2.5 birthday party.

Luckily, I stumbled on artwork I could buy during my google search. That was something new I had never known you could do. For about $10, I could buy the art work & didn't have to create anything myself. In my time crunch, that sounded perfect to me. I can't remember what site I found (I know, wicked lame again), but there's a lot out there for those that are artistically challenged/in a time crunch to choose from. You can make something original without having to really do it yourself.

I filled the pages of your invites with drawings of a blonde hula dancing kid & Hawaiian flowers. Instead of writing "RSPV" I wrote "Aloha back to Julie." It was fun. It was cute. It was quick. It was easy. So, sorry I somehow didn't keep an extra to show you...or remember where I bought the artwork. It was fun...I swear.

Next week, I'll recap the decorations/favors. I promise I'll be less lame & include things like pictures & intelligent writing.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...