Thursday, May 15, 2014

Throwback Thursday: One of Five

Dear Em,
It's weird being the oldest in a spaced out family of five kids. My family was my whole life. I had friends, but after moving all over the country growing up, my family was the only constant. When I left for college, my siblings were still so young. We all had a lot of growing up to do, but I was no longer doing my growing up with my siblings. All of a sudden my life was going on & my family's lives were going on, but not at the same place.

I never went back home for more than a few weeks at a time after I first left for college. This picture was taken the summer before I left for Rhode Island. This was us during the last weeks that I lived as one of five kids. Look at how little we all are.


We're spending two weeks with my family this month, & I am going to enjoy ever moment of living together with my Daddy, my Mommy, & my four siblings...even if it's just for a little while. Of course you & Daddy will  be there too. We're all looking forward to the sunshine, the pool, the beach, & the bustle & the craziness & the rowdiness & the love that is living in a great big family.

I love you so,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...