Monday, June 9, 2014

I heart Daddy


Dear Em,
With Father's Day coming up this weekend, I thought I'd share a project we made for your daddy for his birthday this year. I have to admit, I stole the idea from Etsy (I'm actually still crushing on a lot of the items that PitterPatterPrint creates & will probably be placing an order soon). It was so cute, I thought it would be fun for you & I to try it out ourselves.

All we needed was a large piece of cardstock paper (we have tons in our craft closet), a paint brush, & paint. I sat you on a step stool (so your feet could still touch the ground) & used the paint brush to cover your foot in paint. I put the cardstock paper on the floor in front of you, & pressed your foot at a slight angle onto the paper. I carried you into the bathroom, placed your foot in the sink, & washed it off before repeating the process with your other foot.

We didn't love the first footprint heart we made. The angle of your footprints wasn't quite right. I chalked it up to a practice piece, & our second attempt came out much better.

Once the paint on the cardstock dried, I had you use yellow marker to write "I" on top of your footprints & "Daddy" underneath your footprints. I painted over your writing so the words would match your footprints.

It was a fun & easy craft, & I love how it came out.


Daddy loved your original masterpiece too.

I love you so.
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...