Thursday, June 19, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Jayme & Julie

Dear Em,
This is my best friend Jayme & I...& the silly guy dressed up like a Hooters girl is our friend Glen.


Thirteen years, four graduations, two weddings, multiple jobs, multiple moves, & three kids later here Jayme & I are now.


She is now Aunt Jayme to you & I am Aunt Julie to her two littles. We started as friends, but she & her family have become more like family. I truly felt like I had come home to family during our most recent trip, & it felt really amazing. You fit right in, playing princesses with Uncle Bill, making messes with Uncle Steve, studying elements with Papi Z, & rocking with Mama Z.


I've been so incredibly blessed in this lifetime, & one of the things I am most thankful for is the friendship/sisterhood I've found in Jayme (people have asked us so many times if we're sisters, we decided on the last trip to just respond "yes"). To have a best friend who supports me, who talks me off the ledge sometimes, who will pick up right where we left off no matter how much time has passed, who tells me I'm doing OK when I feel like I'm the worst, who makes me laugh, who loves my family like her own, whose family has become my family, who loves me for me...I pray that you will find friendship like this in your lifetime.

I'm so very thankful that you will grow up knowing that our Ohio family loves you.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...