Monday, September 15, 2014

Are you ready for some football?

Dear Em,
There are some households that route for soccer or some that root for college sports. We are a football household...a Patriots household to be exact. There's something magical about football season.

This was our first football Sunday of this season spent as a family (I was driving back from a girls crafting weekend last Sunday). Daddy made us corn fritters for breakfast (which he brought to us in bed, what a guy your Daddy is!) while he prepped Slow Cooker Tamale Pie for the crock pot. You & I put our Patriots jerseys on & joined Daddy outside for some sunshine.

We played some backyard football. Daddy taught you how to carry a football like a running back, & you took a few carries down the field for touchdowns. The joy on your face as you carried the ball down the "field" put a smile in my heart, as did watching you spike the ball & perform touchdown dances. No touchdown was complete without your touchdown dance.


We played a little soccer & went for a walk around our neighborhood. It was great to get our fill of sunshine before settling inside to watch the games. The yummy smells from the crock pot wafted through the house while we cheered on the Patriots & yelled at our fantasy football players. Well, that's what Daddy & I did. You mixed it up between napping, coloring, watching cartoons, & watching brief moments of football with Daddy & I.


The Patriots won. Dinner was amazing. It was pretty much the perfect football season Sunday. I love our football season Sundays.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...