Monday, September 29, 2014

Summer in Fall

Dear Em,
The calendar may have told us that it was fall, but Mother Nature didn't care. We had one more glorious weekend with beautiful summer weather. As New Englanders, we are ever aware that every moment of summer sunshine is precious. We took full advantage by driving to Charlestown Beach & went for what may be our last walk along the beach this year.

I didn't have to tell you how special it was that we were experiencing summer heat in the last weekend of September. The joy in your face told me you knew.


We finished Saturday evening around our fire pit. Your dolls even joined us. Daddy babysit while you had "a fire pit with Mommy."


When winter comes, & everything is cold & grey & dreary, when we're totally over the snow, I'm going to try to remember that we got one extra weekend of summer...& it was absolutely AMAZING.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...