Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Fantasy Football Expert

Dear Em,
I have a love-hate relationship with fantasy football. I love that it has taught me more about football. I love that it involves strategy, & it's fun to piece together the puzzle of your line-up each week. I love that it has brought your daddy & I closer together, giving us another commonality. I love that it has made me more interested in football, not just the Patriots football.

But...I hate to lose. What I really hate is looking at the expert projections each week & having them be dead wrong. I mean, I can't believe how off the projections are on a week to week basis. I might as well look at the projections & then plan to score half of what is projected.

I was talking to my best friend about it, & she mentioned that her one year old son might be better at projecting her players' points than the so called "experts." That got me thinking. It just might be true. So, this week I decided to let you project my fantasy football points, in hopes I can put together a better team than I do with the help of the "experts."

We sat down last night, & I asked you how many points each of my players would score. This is what you said:

RG III (Q): 3 (Robert Griffin III may sound distinguished, but to you it means he will be scoring a 3.)
Mike Glennon (Q): 2 (See? Even you can see the QB spot is not my strength.)
Reggie Bush (RB): 4 (Last week he scored 5. That is entirely possible.)
Knowshon Moreno (RB): 65 (Sweet! Big week for Moreno!)
Jamaal Charles (RB): 5
LeSean McCoy (RB): 4 (Interesting, because he is on a bye week, but you are the expert.)
Rashad Jennings (RB): 60
Dez Bryant (WR): 6
Voctor Cruz (WR): 1 (This seems right on.)
DeSean Jackson (WR): 8 (Also on a bye week. Is there a trade in the works?)
T.Y. Hilton (WR): 7
Keenan Allen (WR): 6
Charles Clay (TE): 1
Justin Tucker (K): 2
Steven Hauschka (K): 20 (Looks like my kicker on his bye week will be carrying my team.)

"This seems like a really weird game," you told me after you listed your projections. "It's mostly all numbers." "Well," I explained, "it is mostly numbers, because it's a grown-up game." "Then why did I need me to help you," you asked me honestly & without judgement. Ha! Good point.

So, what do you think? Who do you think I should play?

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...