Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Stereos & Morning Dance Parties

Dear Em,
You were gifted a karaoke machine for Christmas. You don't use the microphone very often (you don't really need to, you project your voice very well all on your own). Instead, you've started to use your karaoke machine as your very own stereo.

Lately, Daddy & I have been woken up to the sound of music...the sound of Annie to be specific. You have the Annie soundtrack on CD. You pop it into "your stereo" pretty much whenever you're in your room. From my bedroom, I can hear your music blaring. Daddy & I feel like we're already seeing glimpses of what life might be like when you're a teenager.

It was just past 6am the other morning when I peeked into your room, & you were dancing all around & singing along at the top of your lungs. You looked up at me, smiling from ear to ear. "Mommy, I'm having a dance party. Want to have a dance party with me?!"


Can I just tell you how much I freaking love you?

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...