Wednesday, October 26, 2011

thriller

Dear Em,
I was just thinking of the Halloween before you were born. I was 32 weeks pregnant & driving to Target to pick up some Halloween candy to give out to the two trick or treaters in our neighborhood. The song "Thriller" started to play on the radio, & all of a sudden I felt a swift poke in my belly. I looked down to see my belly moving in all directions. I'm pretty sure you were doing some kind of breakdancing in there. It was such a funny & sweet moment, the moment I realized my daughter loves the song "Thriller."

Whenever I hear the song, I feel such a strong urge to do a choreographed dance (that I don't currently know, but it will just come to me like it does in the movies, right?). I must have listened to this song a million times, but I don't think I've ever really listened to the lyrics. They're kind of scary.

"...You hear the door slam and realize there's nowhere left to run
You feel the cold hand and wonder if you'll ever see the sun
You close your eyes and hope that this is just imagination, girl!
But all the while you hear the creature creeping up behind
You're out of time

'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
There ain't no second chance against the thing with forty eyes, girl
Thriller, thriller night
You're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller tonight..."



Michael Jackson- Thriller

I've always preferred a Halloween full of magic rather than one that is full of fright. Luckily, thriller dance parties aren't scary at all. Let's dance.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...