Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Homemade Fairytales

Dear Em,
During one particularly frustrating morning...after I had dumped a bag of granola all over the floor...you took a moment to tell me a story.

Emma: "Once upon a time, there was a really, meany mommy."
Me: "What?!"
Emma: "Well, you wouldn't let me help you sweep the floor!"
Me: "Once upon a time, there was a really sweet girl who loved her mommy so much she gave her a million hugs & kisses."
Emma: "No, that's not in my story!"
Me: "Well, I like that story."
Emma: "No. Once upon a time there was a really, stinky Mommy...Happily ever after."

Afraid of being dubbed a wicked witch in all of your future fairytales, I gave you a turn with the broom.



Have I mentioned you're crazy dangerous with a broom? I'm not sure if you were sweeping granola or slaying dragons in our kitchen, but you had a blast.

I love you so,
Mommy

2 comments:

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...