Friday, February 22, 2013

love letters


Dear Em,

"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost

Muir Woods National Monument was one of my favorite stops during our vacation. It was just so magical. I wanted to run around and play hide & seek, using the giant Red Woods as cover. I wanted to sit at the base of a giant tree & read for hours. I wanted to climb (which totally isn't allowed, I broke the rules by going off the path to hug a tree). Wouldn't it be wicked cool to have a forest like this where we live?





Sigh, Red Woods, I think I will miss you most of all. Em, let's put this on the list of magical places I want to take you.

I love you so,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...