Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The End of Football

Dear Em,
I feel like football season just started. When the sounds of football return each fall, it makes my heart happy. It means yummy food, one of my favorite sports, fantasy football, & lazy family time. How is it over already? What's worse, while for most people football ended this past Sunday, for us it pretty much ended two weeks ago. It was a sad ending for wicked big Patriots fans.

I was looking back at our last three football seasons together. In 2010, you were days old for your first Patriots game. Your jersey fit you like a dress, while my body was still too swollen to fit into mine. Unfortunately, the Patriots didn't play very well for you, but you didn't really care. You slept through the majority of the game.

During the 2010/2011 season, you were so stinkin' cute toddling around in your jersey. We watched all of our games in the family room while you played with your toys. The Patriots lost in the playoffs, while your daddy & I were in Vegas. Saddest end to a Vegas trip ever.


For the 2011/2012 season, we moved to the comfort of our living room. Each Sunday we moved bins of your toys in with us, & you read books & played with babies while we all cheered on our Patriots. Sadly, the Patriots lost in the last moments of the Superbowl...to the Giants. It was good that by then it was past your bedtime, & you got to sleep through the misery.


You grew out of your red, just-like-daddy, Brady jersey this season. We replaced it with a blue one, & you're not thrilled about it. You tell us that blue is for boys, but I make you wear it anyway. You spend games watching something else in the family room while we cheer the Patriots on from the living room. My favorite moments have been when you run into the living room to see what all the yelling is about & join us in celebratory dances. The AFC Championship game was a hard one to lose (again, you should be happy it happened after your bedtime).


We kinda didn't really care about this year's Superbowl. It was overshadowed by one of our best friend's birthday celebrations & an upcoming vacation. For the first time in longer than I can remember, we didn't even make any plans to watch it with anyone. It's really the most blah we've been about Superbowl Sunday ever. In fact, your Daddy & I didn't even start cooking our Superbowl snacks until the game started & missed most of the first half.

You were all set with football, but came prepared to provide us with some halftime entertainment. I know I've said this before, but you really make everything better. I stinkin' love you so much!


How many days is it until the 2013/2014 season?

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...