Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Winter Weather

Dear Em,
I try not to complain about the weather. I figure that I chose to live in Rhode Island. I know that means the months of January-March (November & December aren't so bad with the Christmas lights & spirit) will be bitterly cold & grey. I try not to complain, & I try to accept it.

But when it's so cold that our front door is frozen shut, it is hard not to miss the beautiful & bright winter days we had in North Carolina.













But I guess there aren't many perfect, snowy, sledding days like this in North Carolina.




You asked if you could go down the hill on your own. I swear my heart stopped the whole time you sledded down the sleep hill. Daddy laughed at me, & you squealed with delight.






So, for as long as we live in Rhode Island, I guess I can take the frozen-shut-door days because they also bring us wicked fun sledding days. Any weather that brings such a smiles & squeals of delight from you, is the best weather ever.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...