Thursday, December 4, 2014

TBT: All I Want for Christmas is You


Dear Em,
This was Daddy & I just about five years ago. How was that already five years ago already? I was almost nine months pregnant, & I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt, all I wanted for Christmas was you.

When I was younger, I remember swearing I would never subject a child to having a December birthday, but having a child means losing control in most areas. At that point, I would have been quite happy if you shared your birthday with Jesus. I walked almost three miles a day. I rode on bumpy roads. I bounced on yoga balls. I let my brothers push me on the swings. I just wanted you out. I wanted to hold you in my arms & snuggle you each night.

Like most things in your life, you weren't ready until you were ready. I was still quite large & uncomfortable on Christmas day. My Christmas present didn't come until five days after Christmas.

You know what? You were worth the wait.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...