Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Perfect Christmas


Dear Em,
It was a little more than two weeks before Christmas, & things were going really well. I was already done with my shopping. We had finished making most of our Christmas crafts. Our Christmas cards had been sent out. We had cookies to eat. We had Christmas movies to watch. I was excited to enjoy the holidays with our friends and family.

But things haven't quite gone exactly as planned...

First I noticed a check engine light in my car. After spending 4 days at a dealership, the good news was that my transmission was totally fine. The bad news was that a delivery vehicle had crashed into my car while it was in the parking lot. It doesn't look like I'll be getting it back any time soon.

Then our credit card was hacked into. We lost power in half of our house (we still don't know why). Then you spiked a fever. After a trip to the pediatrician, we learned that you have an ear infection & strep throat. I joked that this is what we get for finishing all of our Christmas preparations early. Sigh.


The thing is that while we lost power in half our house, somehow our Christmas tree is still lit. You are sick, but we still get to be together. Plus, we had plans to lay around & watch Christmas movies, & that is pretty much the perfect remedy for all of your ailments.


Our holiday season might not be exactly what we thought it was going to be, but Christmas doesn't have to be wrapped in a perfect bow to be the perfect Christmas. We have our friends. We have our family. We have each other. We have so much more than so many. We have everything we need & so much more. So this Christmas season we may move a little slower, but there will be joy & love & snuggles. You know what? I think it's going to be the perfect Christmas.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...