Friday, May 15, 2015

Love Letters

Dear Em,


"Hope when you take that jump, you don't fear the fall

Hope when the water rises, you built a wall
Hope when the crowd screams out, they're screaming your name

Hope if everybody runs, you choose to stay

Hope that you fall in love, and it hurts so bad
The only way you can know is give it all you have
And I hope that you don't suffer but take the pain
Hope when the moment comes, you'll say...

I, I did it all
I, I did it all
I owned every second that this world could give
I saw so many places, the things that I did
With every broken bone, I swear I lived..."
- I Did It All by One Republic


When I first heard this song, I had to hear it again. I instantly downloaded it & listened to it on repeat for at least the next few days. Listening to it energized me. Yes, yes to all of it!

When I think of how I want to live my life, this song explains it so perfectly...& it's what I wish for you as well. We may fall down as we live this crazy thing called life, but fear of falling shouldn't stop us from trying. We get back up & make the most of each moment. If at the end of your life you can say you truly lived- you loved & you lost & you tried everything you wanted to try- that is what I wish for you.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...