Friday, June 5, 2015

love letters

Dear Em,
"For my part, I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream."
- Vincent van Gogh

I saw this quote in a flight magazine, & it really hit home. I think it really struck me mostly because it had always been a dream of mine to explore Italy & other parts of Europe. I wanted to see, in person, so many of the iconic structures & sights that are shown on TV & in listed in books. When I look up at the stars, I think of how so much is out there...& I want to experience so much of it. It was an exhilarating experience & immerse myself into other places & cultures last month.

I thought after taking our trip I would be able to cross a bunch of places off my list of places I want to travel too. Instead, it only added to my list. I want to see so much more & do so much more. And, yet, at the very same time I am so overwhelmingly contented with being back home.  I also love to just enjoy & explore the place we live with my little family.

I guess I just love that I can have it all.

So, I hope when you look up at the stars, they make you dream as well. I hope you dream big & find delight in the reality of your dreams. But I also hope you have a place that you love to call home, a jumping off point for your own dreams to take flight & a place you can come back to.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...