Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Goo Goo Dolls & Memories

Dear Em,
I recently discovered the Goo Goo Dolls Pandora station. I swear, it brings me right back to high school. For me, nothing else brings me back like music & smells.

You know how it smells right at the end of the rain? The soil in the ground is moist, & all the worms are pushing their way to the surface? That smell brings me right back to walking to school in sixth grade (& being chased by an out-stretched hand holding said worms).

So, the Goo Goo Dolls Pandora station brings me right back to high school- the drama, practically wearing my phone as an accessory, the tears, the heartbreak- you know, high school. Really deep stuff (embarrassed laugh).

Gosh, I am so afraid of when you're in high school. You know what's funny? I think back to how many times I cried in high school over things that were really, really, REALLY important at the time. Now, I can't even remember what I cried about half the time. Even the things I can remember, none of them matter now. But if someone tried to tell me that back then? I would have rolled my eyes & thought clearly they don't have a clue.

When you're in high school, you'll think that I don't have a clue (maybe you already do). Gosh, I am so afraid of when you're old enough to be in high school.

But seriously, the Goo Goo Dolls Pandora station...it's wicked AH-MAZ-ING (how do you feel about the word amazeballs? I kinda like it). You won't regret it.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...