Thursday, March 7, 2013

you can't trust groundhogs


Dear Em,
Didn't the groundhog say that spring would come early this year? Then why is it starting to look like a winter wonderland outside? I guess it just goes to show you that you can't trust groundhogs. I don't even trust weather people (although I kinda hope you become one someday, only in that occupation can you be wrong more than 50% of the time & still have a job). I don't know why I put my trust in a groundhog.

The white stuff may be starting to cover the ground outside, but inside there's plenty of Spring green to make us smile. This month we have two holidays to celebrate: St Patrick's Day & Easter. Your Daddy & I will be celebrating St. Patrick's Day in Prague (do they even celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Prague???), but that doesn't stop us from getting into the spirit here.

I took some time on Sunday to take down all the winter & Valentine's Day decor & welcome the Spring. I mostly used what we already have, but added a few new things here & there. You walked down the stairs. "Oh, Mommy, it's beautiful! I love the flowers & everything!" I think it's so stinkin' cute at such a young age that you notice the little details.

This year you joined in some of the decorating fun. After putting up a few shamrocks on our back doors, I let you go for it with window markers. You had a blast making a new, springy masterpiece.





We did a little St. Patty's Day themed photo shoot. I had to bribe you with pink marshmallows, & you still mostly looked at everything except the camera. Luckily we still got some wicked cute ones, & I used them to make something festive to hang on our door.



Since we're also celebrating Easter this year, I sprinkled in some Easter fun here & there. I can't seem to find our eggs from last year. Looks like I'm going to have to travel to the hardware store to steal borrow more paint samples. Hmmmm, I was hoping to paint our front door & shutters...

I love you so,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Love those door hangers. They're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I have plans to do a similar one for Easter but it will all depend on if I get my act together in time. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...