Tuesday, March 26, 2013

You Made Me into Easter Eggs

Dear Em,
I wasn't ready to take down our St. Patrick's Day decorations. I feel like I just put them up...probably because I did. So, I simply added Easter decorations to what we already had up. We can enjoy a green & multicolored wonderland inside our home for a little while. Actually, who am I kidding? We'll probably keep everything up until May when the sun is really shining & the green life outside our windows is enough decoration for me.

I had almost given up on finding the paper Easter eggs from last year & decorating for Easter at all when I found them in your Easter basket (I can just picture myself from last year thinking I'll put them here so I know where they are next year...whoops). Once I found those, I decided not only would I decorate, but I would step it up a little from last year. We recently took your Easter portraits, & I wanted a way to display them. As I was looking through the pictures, I realized that this is your fourth Easter. I teared up as I looked at your past Easter portraits. I can't believe how much you've changed from year to year, & this year was no exception.



I loved our St. Patrick's Day door hangers so much, I used the same idea for Easter. Luckily, I needed four photos & there were four years of photos to choose from. Of course with you, it's always so hard to just pick a few pictures. After I was done making the door hanger, I had a bunch of photos leftover. I made them into eggs too, & filled our windows with them.


I put all of the Easter decorations up while you were in bed asleep. The next morning you looked at them & exclaimed, "You made me into Easter Eggs...a lot of Easter eggs!" You ran to each spot in the house where the eggs were & looked at all of your photos from your four Easters.

I kinda teared up a little. How is this already your fourth Easter?! I remember ordering your very first Easter dress before you were even born. I feel like it was just yesterday that I placed you in the Easter Bunny's lap for the first time and held my breath waiting to see if you would cry. I know I sound like a broken record & it's never going to happen, but I'll never stop wishing that time would slow down a little. Sigh, what a difference 3 years makes. 

I love you so,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...