Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter 2014 Recap


Dear Em,
Easter was late this year, & all year I have been hoping that we would be able to celebrate the late holiday with warm weather. Well, the New England weather did not disappoint. You could feel God in the sunshine all weekend.

This month had been so very busy for us, other than reading books, we didn't do much to prepare for the Easter holiday. Instead, we fit a bunch of celebrations into this one weekend. We started with a sleepover with your best friend. I had some easy Easter crafts prepared, & the two of you had a blast crafting away.


You woke up Saturday morning & Daddy made you bunny pancakes, with bacon for the bunny ears & chocolate robin eggs for eyes & nose. Daddy is so creative.


We headed to the Roger Williams Zoo to meet the Easter bunny & take pictures before spending a gorgeous day checking out the animals.


On Sunday morning, you woke up & came into our room for morning snuggles & cartoons. I snuck downstairs to finish helping the Easter bunny set up. When I returned, you told us you were hungry for "bref-kast." I told you that the Easter bunny had left you some surprises. Your eyes grew wide. You had forgotten all about Easter. Your surprises started with bunny ears & flower headbands for us to put on, your first clue to the 25 clue scavenger hunt, & a few eggs to filled with strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, peanuts, cheez-its, & gold fish. Since you were hungry, you gobbled down the treats & continued gobbling down the treats as you went through your hunt.


Nonnie worked with the Easter Bunny this year & asked the Bunny to deliver a Princess Aurora costume. You wore the sparkly, pink costume for the rest of the hunt.


You love, love, love scavenger hunts. I love watching your excitement as you find each new clue (& eat each new snack). I was struck by how much you've grown. It was amazing to me how little help you needed this time as you did your hunt. I'm dazzled by how you develop & grow year after year. You found your Easter Basket in mine & Daddy's room, & you were beyond thrilled to find it filled with treasures. It was the most adorable thing ever.


You were happy to finally eat "bref-kast." We were surprised that you were still so hungry after all the snacks you ate throughout your scavenger hunt. Daddy made us corn fritters! It is my very favorite breakfast that my Daddy makes, & I've only been able to eat them a few times a year. I was thrilled when Daddy offered to tackle the recipe for the first time this Easter...we all were. They were delicious!


You spent the rest of the morning playing with your new treasures.


We face-timed with my family before meeting with Daddy's family later in the day. It was the perfect way to spend the day with so many people we love. You got to enjoy another scavenger hunt at Grandma & Papa's house before we headed to Daddy's aunt's house, to celebrate with a whole home full of family. And since you had only snacked on fruit, chips, goldfish, peanuts, & cheez-its at our house, we let you enjoy all of the candy & desserts you wanted for the rest of the day.


Absolutely contented, you lost the battle to sleep on our way home. Daddy & I smiled as we watched your eyes droop & eventually close.


I think this was my favorite Easter yet. It was an amazing weekend to celebrate God's forgiveness & God's blessings with people we love.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...