Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Mini Me

Dear Em,
From the moment you were born, Daddy & I have always seen you as a wonderful mix of the two of us. You have my cheeks but his long torso. You have the shape of Daddy's eyes but my wide feet. Daddy's eyes are blue & mine are brown. Your eyes are a greenish hazel. As children, Daddy had bright blonde hair & my hair was brown. Your hair is a beautiful, dirty blonde- a mix of both of us!

I love seeing the resemblance when I look at pictures of me as a child & compare them to what you look like right now. You are so my child. Sometimes, you even talk similarly.

On the other hand, you have a sense of style that is all your own. Still, sometimes you love to match your mom. When I try on clothes at a store, you love to try on the same ones.


When we were in New Hampshire, I realized we had a couple shirts that were similar. I declared it twins day, & you were thrilled to play along...even if there was no pink to be had in either of the outfits. We hiked around New Hampshire in sweaters with blue & white stripes. You held my hand throughout most of the day, & I smiled as I looked down at my mini-me.


That night we changed into comfy, grey sweatpants & bright orange shirts. Again, you squealed with delight that we got to be "twins!"


Having a mini-me is one of the most freaking fun things in the whole world, & I love how much you beam when I refer to you as my mini-me. I know there will come a day when you don't think I'm the most amazing woman in the world. I'm sure there will be a time when you don't want to dress or look anything like me. For now, I'm just going to relish this time. I'm going to enjoy every moment of holding hands with my mini-me.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...