Friday, December 9, 2011

love letters

Dear Em,
Your Daddy doesn’t have a lot of rules (although you may feel differently as you grow up), but the rules he has he’s serious about. The one that always comes to mind this time of year is: No Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving. This rule is super, super hard for me because I love Christmas music. I would listen to it all year long.

A few weeks ago, you started to sing Jingle Bells in the car, & my heart leapt with joy. You basically sing "jingle bells," the words start to get muddled, & then you shout "hey!" Where you learned it from, I do not know. It was still mid-November & I wasn’t allowed any music of that genre for at least another couple weeks.

Oh Holy Night is & always will be one of my very favorites. My very favorite part is when the music really starts to swell.

"...Fall on your knees
Oh hear the angel voices
Oh night divine
Oh night when Christ was born
Oh night divine
Oh night divine..."

This song is about such an amazing gift of absolute love. When I hear this song, I truly feel the Christmas spirit, the true meaning of Christmas, surround me (isn't it amazing how music can do that). I feel so humbled & so joyful. To me, it's one of the most powerful & majestic songs I will ever hear.

I hope that it will be one of your favorites too.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...