Friday, December 16, 2011

love letters

Dear Em,
The holiday season typically means travel. Since we'll be spending a week & a half in sunny North Carolina for Christmas, we're going to celebrate our Christmas this weekend as just our family of three. In fact, tonight is our Christmas Eve.

Since your Papi was in the Navy while I grew up, it never mattered what the actual date was. Christmas was when we could all be there to celebrate together as a family...& for me it still is.

"And so then, my darling, wherever you roam,
may you always be safe...may you always come home.

For as long as the world still spins & still hums,
wherever you are, & no matter what comes,

the best part of Christmas will always be...
you beneath my Christmas tree."

From my new favorite Christmas book: The Spirit of Christmas by Nancy Tillman.

I can't wait to see your face light up on our Christmas day. I wish I could bottle up the lights & sounds & love to have with me all year through. Merry Christmas, my love.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...