Friday, October 17, 2014

love letters

Dear Em,
"I'm never gonna let you down
I'm always gonna build you up
And when you're feeling lost
I will always find you love
I'm never gonna walk away
I'm always gonna have your back
And if nothing else you can always count on that
When you need me
I promise I will never let you down..."
- Never Gonna Let You Down by Colbie Caillat

October will always make me reminisce more than any other month...mostly about your daddy & I. We shared our first kiss in October. We started dating in October. He proposed to me on the beach in October, & we got married on a beautiful day in October. Six years ago, we were honeymooning in October. October will always feel like love to me.

Thirteen years ago today, we officially started dating (although, it wasn't facebook official, because we didn't have facebook back then). I really can't believe that we've been together for 13 years. Gawd, they've flown by. 

Just after Daddy threw me in the ocean & just before he first kissed me in October 2001.
Right after we got engaged in October 2006.
Husband & Wife in October 2008.
Honeymooning in St. Lucia in October 2008.

I thank God for your daddy & the past thirteen years. It's not that every moment has been perfection or that we never disagree (actually, we just had disagreements yesterday about leaving the pantry door open & leaving crumbs in chip bags). Love isn't something that always comes easy. It's a decision we make each & every day. Every day I choose your daddy. In Daddy I found someone who will always stand by me, a partner, & best friend. More than anything, I'm so incredibly thankful that your Daddy gave me the greatest gift I will ever receive...you.

Pregnant in October 2009.
Our family of three in October 2010.
No matter where I go or what I do, our little family of three is my favorite thing in the whole world...

October 2014
...and October will always remind me of love.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...