Wednesday, January 11, 2012

2 Years of Stats

Dear Em,
I tried to keep up with your baby book. I really did, but I kinda stopped updating after month 3. Whoops. This has basically become your baby book & so much more. So, I hope you will forgive me for the empty pages that fill your baby book.

Last week, we had your two year check-up. This check-up brought a few changes. First, it's time to switch over to skim milk. The first year I listened to how important breast milk was, & your second year whole milk was a must. It seemed strange to so abruptly change over to skim milk, especially because I grew up on 2% milk. Well, we'll roll with it.

We talked about the reality that you will probably need tubes in your ears due to the number of ear infections you've had in the past few months & the difficulty your ears have draining fluid. As scary as that was for me to hear, I know that we'll tackle that when we come to it. I know we will get through it as a family.

You also had to get blood work for your second lead test. I dread blood work for myself, but for you it's my nightmare. It was so hard to hold you down while they stabbed you with a needle. How do you explain to a two-year-old what is going on? I mean, to you it must have seemed like your mommy, the person who is supposed to protect you above all else, was letting strangers hurt you. After I put you down to sleep, I cried about it. It made me really feel for the parents & children with medical conditions. I can't imagine doing that on a regular basis.

Your two year check-up was also your last check-up being weighed & measured on the baby table. You've grown so tall you just barely fit. It really made me reflect on how much you've grown in just two short years. I remember the first time we put your little body on the baby table & now you walk into your doctor's office like you own the place.

So, since this is your baby book, here is a recap on two amazing years of check-ups & growth & learning & laughter & love.

Birth
Height: 20.75 inches
Weight: 7lbs 10oz


1 week
Height: 21 inches
Weight: 8lbs 2oz



1 month
Height: 21 inches
Weight: 9lbs 6os


2 months
Height: 22.5 inches
Weight: 11lbs 6oz


4 months
Height: 24.75 inches

Weight: 14lbs 3oz


6 months
Height: 27 inches
Weight: 18lbs 3oz


9 months
Height: 29 inches
Weight: 20lbs 12oz


12 months
Height: 30inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 23lbs 8oz (80th percentile)



15 months
Height: 31.5 inches (75th percentile)
Weight: 25lbs 8oz (80th percentile)


18 months
Height: 33inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 27lbs 4oz (90th percentile)


2 Years
Height: 35.5 inches (90th percentile)
Weight: 28lbs 12oz (75th percentile)


525,600 x 2 minutes measured in love...& height & weight.

I love you so,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. She has grown so much and what a cutie pie...I also hate then the kids have to get blood work..ugh but it for the best

    ReplyDelete

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...