Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Special Valentine's from a Special Little Love


Dear Em,
Happy Valentine's Day. We are so lucky in love. Every day I am thankful for our friends & family & your daddy & you. Since there was you, my heart has grown in ways I didn't know possible. Isn't it so fun to have a special day to celebrate it?

Today you exchange valentines with your friends at school. We had so much fun making valentines for your friends this year. Last year, I found the cutest idea on the Design Mom blog. Gabrielle & her kids made such fun 3-D Lollipop Valentines using photographs of her kids. You know how I feel about photographs. I couldn't wait to try to make our own.

Let me just say, it's really hard to get a two-year-old to make a fist & hold it out for photos while smiling...at least it was really hard for my two-year old. I finally had to give you a hair clip, & asked you if you would hand it to me.

Here are a couple of the photo-shoot out-takes:



After our photo shoot, I picked my favorite photograph, added a Valentine's message, ordered the prints as 4x6s from Walgreens, & bought lollipops when I picked up the prints.


I used an X-Acto knife to cut a slit above & below your fist in each photograph & slid the lollipop in. They were so quick & easy to make. 40 valentines cost me less than $20.

We gave Daddy one of your valentine's & made him an extra special gift too:


I found this cute idea on the sweet blog Nothing but Country. They used it as a thank you. We put a Valentine's Day spin on it by saying, "we love you a latte!"

You had a blast coloring the Dunkin' Donuts cup with markers & decorating it with heart stickers. Once you finished your artwork, we filled the cup with a Dunkin' Donuts gift certificate, goodies, & hearts.


I think your valentines are the cutest & sweetest valentines ever, but I might be a little biased.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...