Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Taco Bell


Dear Em,
I hope your Valentine's Day was as amazing to you as it was for Daddy & I. Last night we took you out to Taco Bell. Yup, Taco Bell. Taco Bell on Valentine's Day.

When Daddy & I were dating, we spent a fun Valentine's Day skiing all day. We had plans to return home & go out for a nice dinner. When we got home, I was exhausted & sore (from falling all day, I'm not the best skier). I didn't really have the energy to get into the shower & get dolled up. Neither of us had anything in our kitchens, typical for college students. So, I asked Daddy if we could go to Taco Bell for dinner & then watch a movie on the couch. Daddy's friends couldn't believe I had not just agreed to go to Taco Bell for Valentine's Day, but I had suggested it. They told Daddy I was definitely a keeper.



So, when I asked Daddy what he wanted to do for Valentine's Day this year, he asked if we could take you to Taco Bell, KFC-Taco Bell to be exact. I smiled & said why not.

On the way there, Daddy joked that we were going to a fancy restaurant. I told him that we were going to make you really confused about food. You told me that you were Daddy's Valentine & he was yours. I asked you who was my Valentine & you told me that I was my own Valentine. Who worked that out? Luckily, by the time we got to Taco Bell you were OK with being both of our Valentine's.


Daddy & I enjoyed the Taco Bell we get maybe twice a year (I heart Cheesy Gordita Crunches) while you ate popcorn chicken & potato wedges. You kept saying, "I like this fancy west-a-want," which kept Daddy & I laughing throughout dinner. It was definitely your type of Valentine's Day place. You finished off your dinner with a chocolate parfait for dessert (you & Daddy shared), because you have to have dessert on Valentine's Day (a glass of red wine was my dessert later at home).


So, I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day, my little love. It wasn't what most people would plan for their perfect Valentine's Day, but it was perfect for me.

I love you so,
Mommy

P.S. Daddy got me the newest Twilight movie for Valentine's Day. You know what that means? Twilight movie marathon this weekend (well, during your naps & after your bedtime)!

2 comments:

  1. I read your blog every day, but somehow I missed this one. I laughed so hard...Taco Bell is for sure a fancy restaurant for a 2-year old! :) And if you really want to have your own Valentine...get working on that second child ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, megan. we recently took her to the mews & told her we were going to a restaurant. she said that they have chicken & french fries at a restaurant. she said ti several times & we couldn't figure out why she was so set on there being just chicken & fries. then we remembered that was what she had at taco bell & she must have thought we were going back there. i think it's her favorite restaurant. she's really a cheap date :)

      are you trying to get someone else to share in your sleep deprivation or trying to get more play-mates for joseph?

      Delete

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...