Tuesday, November 8, 2011

clean sheets make for happy toes...

Dear Em,
I think our cats think they are people too, & I think they want the master bedroom for themselves. When your daddy & I go to bed for the night, they typically sleep on my feet. When I go away, my side of the bed is hardly cold before they take over.

I feel like if the cats could write, they would ask santa for soft sheets, a tempurpedic mattress, & pillows for Christmas. I think they would have pillow fights by day & snuggle up in the pillows by night.

I'm pretty sure this is what they do when I'm away. I haven't seen it, but I do have the pleasure of returning to a face full of cat hair. When I come home from an adventure, typically weary from travel, all I want to do is snuggle in my comfy, cosy bed & fall into a deep sleep. It's a little hard to do while you're inhaling a pillow full of cat hair.

So, the day after I return from a trip has become my bedding washing day. After the bedding has been washed & dried & the bed has been made, I love slipping into the sheets at night. It makes my toes happy & my whole body relax. I always sleep best on those nights. It's simply amazing...a little piece of heaven here on earth. It's the little things in life.

I think the sheets above and these from The Company Store would be so fun to curl up in. What kinds of sheets are your favorite, flannel or regular? Fun patterns or plain?

I'm so thankful for clean sheets & a comfy bed & good nights of sleep.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...