|Saying your prayers with Nonnie before bed.|
I wish I had the imagination to think of the technology advancements you will see in your lifetime. When I think back to the fact we didn't even have a computer until I was in middle school, I can't believe the booms in technology we've had in my lifetime.
There are moments in life when I feel like everything just needs to be turned off. We all need to get outside & enjoy the fresh air & unplug. But, overall, I am so very thankful for the technology that surrounds us in life.
Here are just a few of my very favorite things:
- Microwaves: Did you know that Nonnie & Papi didn't even have one when I was born? So, when Nonnie had to hold me through dinner because I was crying, she finally sat down to a cold dinner without a quick way to warm it back up. That makes me so sad to think about.
- Our MacBook: I had a PC up until I turned 26. It's true what they say: Once you go Mac, you never go back. This thing has traveled all pver the country with us (& outside of the country too). It's held up so well, even with tumbles & toddler poundings, & we haven't had any issues with viruses (knock on wood).
- The internet: It's amazing what you have within reach of your fingertips.
- Skype: Even though Nonnie & Papi live a twelve hour drive away, we talk to them & actually see them almost every day. They've truly been able to see you hit milestones & grow. You really know them & they know you.
- Digital Cameras: I talked about here, but I am so thankful for our digital camera on a daily basis. In fact, your daddy & I were browsing through pictures & videos of you the other day. It brought tears to our eyes to see you so young & little again. Our camera doesn't just capture photographs, it captures memories. Sigh. Words cannot even express...
- My IPhone: I don't even know how I lived before my IPhone. Well, I was probably a lot less productive (while at the same time being more productive somehow). It's my center for communication, music, inspiration, & updates. It's all right there in the palm of my hand. Mine froze for over an hour one day & I almost had a nervous breakdown.
- Pandora: With my job, I spend a big chunk of the week in the car. I have the free Pandora app on my phone, & I plug it right into my car. There's so many stations to choose from & so few commercials to listen to. Gone are the days of searching radio stations for a song I like & listening to five minutes of commercials every ten minutes.
- TV: So, we try use this in small amounts, but an episode of Super Why while I'm making dinner does a body good.
- Our car: the places our car has taken us over the years, it's amazing. We like to bike too, but after going a mere 10 miles with you towing behind, I'm certainly thankful for our car.
- Blogging: What a fun way to connect with other people & share ideas.
I know there is a lot I'm probably leaving out, & I know a lot of these things will sound antiquated by the time you read this. But these are just a few things that help me get through my day, & I'm so very thankful for the people whose innovative ideas brought them into our lives.
I love you so,
* Readers, what technology gets you through the day? *