Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Mornings


Dear Em,
Most of our mornings are spent rushing. We rush to get dressed, fix our hair, brush our teeth, take our vitamins, eat & get out the door. Actually, your breakfasts have lately been in the form of Ego waffles in the car on the way to school in order to get there faster.

So, when Sunday morning rolls around, I enjoy every second of it. We typically sleep in (well, if you call waking up at 7:30 or 8 sleeping in). When you wake up, we bring you into our bed for snuggles. We  turn the TV onto Sprout & watch Sesame Street. Typically you & I continue to snuggle & watch TV while your Daddy goes downstairs to make breakfast. Then your daddy brings us pancakes or waffles or french toast in bed (have I mentioned how amazing your daddy is?).

It's just a couple hours or so. But, it's a couple hours where we take a break from the noise & the stress of rushing. Sunday mornings are for letting the quiet into our lives. I look forward to Sunday mornings all week. The family time, the yummy breakfast, the time to slow down- I relish every moment of it.

I'm so thankful for Sunday mornings.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...