Friday, November 11, 2011

love letters

kisses goodbye
Dear Em,
It's 11:11 on 11/11/11. Quick, make a wish.

Today is veterans day, & I bet veterans & military personnel are making wishes all over the wold. Wishes for love & wishes for peace & wishes that their families will live in a country where they can thrive, be safe, & grow old & wise.

Your papa was in the Air Force before your daddy was born. Your Papi was in the Navy for 18 years, including the first 16 years of my life. Not only did we spend the first 16 years of my life moving around the country, but we spent birthdays & Christmases & school dances & high school games without your Papi. The things your Papi sacrificed, what we all sacrificed, to serve this country...moments & memories & time that can never be replaced. Papi did it for all of us. He did it so we could live a life where it is possible to follow your dreams.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, Is their monument to-day, and for aye." -Thomas Dunn English

I'm so proud & thankful for all of the veterans & all of the U.S. military around the world. I'm so thankful that they've protected us at home. I pray for their safety & I pray that America will be a monument to all that have sacrificed & lost for love of their country.

I love you so,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

While my letters are addressed to Em, we enjoy hearing from all our readers. Comments are always welcome. The ideas, inspiration, & support we get from other readers is one of the reasons I write. I try to respond to all comments. If you click the "subscribe by email" button underneath the comment box, you will get notifications when I have replied. Thank you for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...